So you installed Google Drive, and you were so excited to use it that you did not realize where you saved it on your computer. That’s exactly what I did the first time I installed Google Drive; it was devastating…since I wanted to save it in a specific location.
If you are looking to change the location of Google Drive on your computer, I have good news for you! By following these few simple steps you can put Google Drive will be exactly where you want it.
- Right click the Google Drive Icon on your task-bar
- Select Preference
- Under the Account tab select Disconnect Account
- Again right click the Google Drive icon on your task-bar
- Select Sign In
- Type in your Google Drive Credentials (Should be your Gmail credentials)
- Select Next until you get to Step 4
- On Step 4 select Advanced setup
- Select Change under Folder Location
- Select the location you would like Google Drive to reside
- Select Start Sync
Congratulations, you have now successfully changed the location of Google Drive on your computer! You can now take full advantage of the 15GB Google gives you at no cost.
We do not expect you to run into any issues if you followed the steps above, but if you do please let us know and we will do our best to help you overcome the issues you are having. Simply explain the issues you are having in the comment section below.